Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Learning to listen...

To me it is apparent that we are stuck behind screens and our gadgets more than we spend face to face really engaging with each other and learning about each other. How will the younger generations learn social interactions if they don't have anyone to talk to physically? How will the younger generations be able to reach their full potential if we all hide behind our screens ourselves?

For my final project, if I could, I would wish to project it in as many places as possible. Whether the audience full out understands the message or not. It's important to listen, it's important to talk, it's important to be there for each other-as friends, as a society, as human beings. The more we digress from actual physical interaction the less of a society we are. Projecting my video in front of the class in a way is one way I would see as "putting something here", as I hope to bring my message to people my age since we are the future. I would also like to project it onto buildings-office buildings in particular, where parents go blindly into work, and 8 hours later leave to go home to their family, and most likely do not spend any time with their children, even if it's just sitting with them and listening to what they have to say. To me it's all about appreciating each other. If we are able to understand and appreciate each other, taking that little bit of time out of our own lives, away from our own screens, I believe that we as a society could be a bit more connected and be able to get things done for our friends/family/society much easier.

http://www.vimeo.com/17587526

No comments:

Post a Comment