Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Engaging

While we all wish we were rich and had the best equipment and editing tools and of course time, most of us do not. With this in mind I have to say that after spending a couple years of Video class with Ryan, conceptually I believe we connect. I think it is also important to point out that in between working on videos for class Ryan and I have conversations. The conversations we have though aren’t the typical conversations you hear as you walk by a bunch of college students sitting in the student center-we have had conversations about life and how we see life, and how we react to the issues we have to deal with in our life. It seems to me that Ryans values are similar to mine as we both can agree that family is such an important part of life, as well as being optimistic and looking/thinking and being outside of the box. I have always appreciated our conversations and thoughts, which is why I believe I truly appreciate his concepts and work the most. Visually, I envy Aymann’s camera and eye for a beautiful shot, but I feel that Costa’s projects-visually are the most captivating for me. To me if you have a video that is trying to say something, symbolically speaking through a video can be one of the most beautiful things. I saw this most in the video he did where his friend read her poem. He captured an essence of not only his friend and her clear passion for her writing, but he made it a visually captivating representational video. I am pretty certain that once he got his video running smoothly, we silently watched. That shows how we just soaked up the whole experience of his video, when it was simply projected on a screen in front of us. For a video to really draw me in symbolically and visually is definitely a part of doing video that I strive to achieve. 

No comments:

Post a Comment